Inspections on military bases

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaonemore

Whose responsible for inspections on military bases is it the Corps of engineers I havent worked on base alot and I am unsure of the procedure on base. I could use some input on this. Its a private store going in the PX. I haven seen a single inspector and they are almost done is it not subject to inspections?

charlie

Wiring for state and federal projects is normally not inspected by the local AHJ. For instance, a building in Indianapolis that is being built for the State of Indiana is built without permits or Indianapolis inspectors. However, in order for them to get service from us, a responsible person has to sign off on the building wiring. The concept is that the state has supremacy over the local and the federal has supremacy of the state.

Since this is federal, you will have to ask who the AHJ is for your project. :smile:

hardworkingstiff

Whose responsible for inspections on military bases is it the Corps of engineers I havent worked on base alot and I am unsure of the procedure on base. I could use some input on this. Its a private store going in the PX. I haven seen a single inspector and they are almost done is it not subject to inspections?

You need to ask the contracting officer ASAP.

dave704

military inspections

military inspections

It could be one of several ahj's on any one base. Just depends on the type of project, where the check is coming from, size and scope...... On your type of project, AAFES should have someone overseeing the job, maybe not an actual inspector. But for the most part, only reputable folks are on bases and we have very few problems with quality.

Hendrix

I was going to work at an Air Force tracking station. There was an out building with corrosive and flamable substances being stored inside. I wanted to do it class 1 div 2 but was told it didn't need to be governed by the NEC because it was a govt. job. I walked.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.