Inspectors and 550.32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Is there a time when a meter base can be attached to the side of a mobile home? In the last week I have run into two different mobile homes in two different counties(different inspectors) that have had the combo panel attached directly to the side of the mobile home.

Am I reading something wrong?

I know one will be getting a brick foundation, but that doesn't change the definition in 550.2 IMO. The other one will be getting the vinyl underpinning only.

ceb58

Is there a time when a meter base can be attached to the side of a mobile home? In the last week I have run into two different mobile homes in two different counties(different inspectors) that have had the combo panel attached directly to the side of the mobile home.

Am I reading something wrong?

I know one will be getting a brick foundation, but that doesn't change the definition in 550.2 IMO. The other one will be getting the vinyl underpinning only.
Here we can attach the meter combo to a double wide but not to a single wide but that is a POCO ruling.

north star

: = :

"Is there a time when a meter base can be attached to the side of a mobile home?"
Yes, ...when the AHJ knowingly allows it, or does not know
what is required by the applicable code......[ EX: If an
AHJ adopted the IRC, but not the NEC, ...there is
nothing in the IRC to prevent the disconnect from
being attached directly to the exterior.........An AHJ
would have had to specifically adopt Section Appendix
"E" in the IRC, and reference Section AE307 -
Utility Service for the NEC to be applicable. ]

: = :

Status
Not open for further replies.