install concrete floor box in existing finished floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AV ELECTRIC

what we got is in a existing dental office they have run electrical in floors pvc schedule 40 originally the owner said they had mounted some surface mount box on the concrete floor itself which was some kind of low profile box they redid the floors removed those boxes and installed single gain weatherproof boxes in there place which is raise even higher which appears to be a tripping hazard i would think the older low profile box would be also but any thoughts on that is helpful on a replacement

i think the only way to do this wright is to install a floor box the customer is concerned his linoleum floor will be damaged during this process i have yet to look at the job and would think the pvc 90s run up into the bottom of the box

now i was thinking about chipping out the concrete around the pipe taking it down to a dimension a floor box would sit flush any ideas on chipping it out so cover will not expose any damage , type of box the lowest profile i would think a carlon plastic round and a cover that would be over sized to cover any damage to the linoleum they are duplex receptacles 10 locations

i am not sure if you could do a whole saw cut on the the concrete the carlon boxes are round i guess i would have to talk to a saw cutting company and that maybe the fastest way if it can be done and giving a more precise cut but of coarse there could be some danger of damage so wire should be pulled out wont know if conduit is encased or in the dirt and cut would probably have to go to dirt if not it still would have to be chipped or fractured out

probably going to have to inject something around box to secure to floor maybe an epoxy

any ides would be appreciated

kwired

Electron manager
what we got is in a existing dental office they have run electrical in floors pvc schedule 40 originally the owner said they had mounted some surface mount box on the concrete floor itself which was some kind of low profile box they redid the floors removed those boxes and installed single gain weatherproof boxes in there place which is raise even higher which appears to be a tripping hazard i would think the older low profile box would be also but any thoughts on that is helpful on a replacement

i think the only way to do this wright is to install a floor box the customer is concerned his linoleum floor will be damaged during this process i have yet to look at the job and would think the pvc 90s run up into the bottom of the box

now i was thinking about chipping out the concrete around the pipe taking it down to a dimension a floor box would sit flush any ideas on chipping it out so cover will not expose any damage , type of box the lowest profile i would think a carlon plastic round and a cover that would be over sized to cover any damage to the linoleum they are duplex receptacles 10 locations

i am not sure if you could do a whole saw cut on the the concrete the carlon boxes are round i guess i would have to talk to a saw cutting company and that maybe the fastest way if it can be done and giving a more precise cut but of coarse there could be some danger of damage so wire should be pulled out wont know if conduit is encased or in the dirt and cut would probably have to go to dirt if not it still would have to be chipped or fractured out

probably going to have to inject something around box to secure to floor maybe an epoxy

any ides would be appreciated

If cutting in a round box cut a round hole - core bit time. Actually going to probably be the cleanest install you will find, now hopefully raceway is vertical to a deep enough depth.

ceb58

You have one problem. If those floor receptacles are for the chairs or in a patient care area You need to look at 517.13 (A)&(B)

AV ELECTRIC

not sure about what they are used for but probably it is possible they would be for chairs if so would they have to be in metallic pipe and metal box to satisfy that article

Status
Not open for further replies.