Installation of TC and "CT use" Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mild

1. I have searched Cable vendor's catalog, but I could find TC or TC-ER cable only for LV Multi-conductor Power cable and Control/Instrument cables.
On the other hand, I could not find TC or TC-ER listed cable for All LV Single conductor cable and All MV cables(Both single and Multi conductor).
They had only "CT use" mark instead of TC or TE-ER mark.
I would like to know general Manufacturing range(Conductor size, Voltage range, etc) of TC or TC-ER cable type.

2. If Cable is marked with "CT use" without "TC or TC-ER", I would like to know the general Wiring method in NEC.
As I know, TC or TC-ER cable can be used not only in cable tray but also can be used where exiting cable tray if it is properly supported.
But in case of "CT use" marked cable, there is no any article how it shall be installed if it exiting the cable tray.
(Where cable tray to cable tray transition & Cable tray to utilization equipment transition)
For the "CT use" cable, it has to be protected by Closed Conduit system if it exits the cable tray? or other method is available?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
My understanding is that TC is allowed in conduit so when you leave a cable Tray you have to use a raceway and bond the raceway to the tray.

Status
Not open for further replies.