Installing romex in a commerical building

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancisDoody

I have a question about article 300 Wiring Methods. Is it acceptable to use romex in a commercial environment rather than MC or AC Cable.
Thanks,
Fran

FrancisDoody

Re: Installing romex in a commerical building

Jim Walker,

The building is a retail store other wise known as a package store. I have not heard of a class system for buildings. Sorry.

Thanks,
Fran

luke warmwater

You have to start in Article 334 which is Nonmetallic-Sheathed Cable.

Then go to 334.10 Uses Permitted.

(3) states :
Other structures permitted to be of Types III, IV, and V construction except as prohibited in 334.12. etc, etc...

Under the FPN No.1 it tells us that Building constructions are defined in NFPA 220-1999, Standard on Types of Building Construction , or the applicable building code, or both

iwire

Staff member

Fran it is called building Type and you should be able to find that info on the plan set coversheet.

It should say Type I, II, III, IV or V construction.

If not you are going to have to find out the type construction from a building official or architect.

Keep in mind the NEC prohibits NM in a suspended ceiling of a commercial occupancy.

iwire

Staff member

Originally posted by luke warmwater:
Nothing better to do today, Bob?

I'm going HOG shoppin'.
It's pouring rain, I have my house to myself (kids out) I am watching the Family guy, I am very happy. :D

But HOG shopping sounds pretty good. :cool:

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

I've got a beat-up '82 Honda Silverwing I'll sell ya cheap, Todd. If you squint your eyes until you can't see, it looks vaguely like a Sportster. :D

iwire

Staff member

Originally posted by georgestolz:
I've got a beat-up '82 Honda Silverwing I'll sell ya cheap, Todd. If you squint your eyes until you can't see, it looks vaguely like a Sportster. :D
Yeah I can see the resemblance. :D

honda-gl650i-82-bikepics-092488.jpg

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Oooo. That one's still got the fairing and saddle-boxes. I bet the speedometer, tach, turn signals, gas tank, kickstand, front brake switch, and muffler still work, too. I'm jealous. :D

I'll take a picture of mine, you'll get a kick out of it. :D

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

My ride, a 67 FLH. 86.5 CI, Andrews 6 grind cam, Truet & Osborn flywheels, S&S stroker pistons, (to match flywheels) solid lifters, belt drive primary, ported and polished heads, Del Orto dual throat carb, other than that, the cases and frame are stock.

67flh.JPG

Roger

southernboys

guys please stop youre making this young cat jealous hey boss can I have some more overtimehttp://www.mikeholt.com/codeforum/icons/icon10.gif
Icon 10

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Bob, it is both electric and kick start. The kicker is OK when everything is tuned properly, you just have to commit when kicking, if you slack in the middle of a round you can pay for it. :)

Southernboys, click on this
image.gif
and paste the URL in the window.

OR, you can type
and paste the URL in between the two. try it using the "Preview Post" feature.

You meant for this to appear
icon10.gif

You can also just click on any of the "Instant Graemlins" in the lower left side of the "Reply" page.

Roger

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Yep, you are right Wayne. It can sure ruin a good days ride, especialy if you're a few hundred miles from home when it happens :)

Roger

luke warmwater

A Kicker??

Are you guys nuts? Give me a button to push, unless it's a dirt bike.

Nice ride Roger. I like spoke wheels. I don't care for the aluminum mag Sportster wheels.

George, how much? What say 5 bucks and a slap across the mouth 'cause I like ya'! :D

My Hog shoppin' was a bust today. Gonna try again tomorrow, just in time for Mother's Day!

BruceH

All this talk about bikes is starting to burn a hole in my wallet, it's been a loooong winter! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.