Instructor requirements for California

Rtssparky

Occupation
Electrical instructor/ Electrician
Does anyone know if instructors need to be licensed journeyman to be electrical instructors theaching on live circuits? I know the minimum field experience is five years but cannot get a verification from the DIR. If you could , give me the source or a contact to which i can reach out and ask more questions.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
From a community College perspective, must have minimum of AS, AA plus field experience without DIR involvement.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
As I understand it, you have to convince the community college that you are qualified. Then take a course on teaching fundamentals, then you are in.
With the local college, you have to prove that you have your AS/AA or higher plus your minimum 6 years of experience. Teaching credential not asked for but I am sure will help. The school will not hire you only on trade experience.

mtnelect

HVAC & Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Contractor, C10 & C20 - Semi Retired
With the local college, you have to prove that you have your AS/AA or higher plus your minimum 6 years of experience. Teaching credential not asked for but I am sure will help. The school will not hire you only on trade experience.

Thank you for your investment of your time and trouble. We need more like you.

Rtssparky

Occupation
Electrical instructor/ Electrician
I have 29 years experience working as an electrican and have been licenced since 2002, and maintain my General electricians license, but no NCCER certification or associates degree which will change in September as I am currently in school for construction management . I work as an instructor at a for profit trade school and have been teaching for 3 years now.