Insurance co, wont underwrite Zinsco but will FPE?

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
A local business here has about 8 panels, among them are FPE (Federal Pacific) and Zinsco the insurance Insurance co, wont underwrite the Zinsco but will FPE.

Seemed odd to me and I don't want to do a bunch of work and have the insurance come back and say 'oh yeah FPE also' so I spoke with their agent directly and asked them to email their underwriter and clearly ask are FPE, "Federal pacific", "Stab Loc", "Federal, pioneer" etc acceptable?.
The written response they said yup fine to keep those, just replace the Zinsco, their data only shows a problem with Zinsco,
there are no more issues with FPE panels than other panels of the same age.
Does anyone know anything about this testing that has happened or this new data that they have?
I got all they are going to give me from the insurance co.

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
A local business here has about 8 panels, among them are FPE (Federal Pacific) and Zinsco the insurance Insurance co, wont underwrite the Zinsco but will FPE.

Seemed odd to me and I don't want to do a bunch of work and have the insurance come back and say 'oh yeah FPE also' so I spoke with their agent directly and asked them to email their underwriter and clearly ask are FPE, "Federal pacific", "Stab Loc", "Federal, pioneer" etc acceptable?.
The written response they said yup fine to keep those, just replace the Zinsco, their data only shows a problem with Zinsco,
there are no more issues with FPE panels than other panels of the same age.
Does anyone know anything about this testing that has happened or this new data that they have?
I got all they are going to give me from the insurance co.
They might have more claims locally for zinsco. If 30% of 60-80 houses and business have zinsco and 5% FPE for the same era then it'll look more like zinsco is the problem.