Interesting place to build a nest

MD Automation

Occupation
Engineer
Not exactly sure, but in the top pic from David, it appears that there are 3 cutouts underneath the nest. Not like an explusion fuse cutout, just a switch type. And they sure look like they are hanging down.

So maybe one side of those 3 lines is isolated?

And those birds are smarter than we give them credit for ;)

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Google images: eagles nest on transmission tower
Osprey's. They're pretty common here. Had one nest on the lot behind us go down with a tree during a storm that had chicks in it. The conservation people relocated them to another active nest and they were successfully adopted.

david

Not exactly sure, but in the top pic from David, it appears that there are 3 cutouts underneath the nest. Not like an explusion fuse cutout, just a switch type. And they sure look like they are hanging down.

My back was towards rt 18 when I took the picture, I guess the highway side would be toward the utility.

Im thinking not more than 1&1/2 miles south of there I past a sub station.

There starting to increase in population don't see to many eagles in the wild

david

Shoot, and we have all these people complaining about EMF living near to the power lines.
Looking at the nest closely you see three looking down watching me.

We don't know what the long term effects that might have.

I see a lot of birds resting on power lines huddled together in the winter, often wondered how much heat they where benefiting from ,the electric current in those lines

Elect117

Occupation
Engineer E.E. P.E.
That is why they sometimes install owls on poles.

It usually shorts itself out :)

That is a switch to parallel feeders. Both sides are most likely energized by different circuits.