Interesting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning,

Several month ago we had relocated a Grinding dust collect unit about 60 foot from a corner grinder, We had decided to use 6 inch PVC conduit to make the run to and from as vacuum tube. After the work was completed and and we verified we had good draw we assumed it was set forever. Well while observing our work I had noticed the PVC now appears to be wearing a brown sweater. I know we have a static electricity issue here so my main question is how would some of you guy ground this situation. Should I run a bare ground wire through the conduit? One end or both? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

LHarrington

L

Lxnxjxhx

Paint with conductive paint, and ground. Grainger might carry something like that. I'd guess the paint would have carbon particles in it.

L

Lxnxjxhx

keywords:

antistatic
esd (for electrostatic discharge)
paint
coating

chaterpilar

Unless user wants it to be flexible. Ground it at both ends, and wrap it with Aluminium foil.

We had similar problem while pneumatic-conveying the ground/shredded PVC film.

Cheers.

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
Depending on what the grinding dust material is, or how often it's used the PVC conduit won't last long anyway and you will be replacing it with something more suitable. With that said you are probably going to want to to provide some ESD, as it could be building up quite a charge, that will get discharged when someone touches it.

Status
Not open for further replies.