Interesting Wire and Cable, Legal in US???

Joethemechanic

Occupation
Electro-Mechanical Technician. Industrial machinery
51Yfdrp07SL._AC_SL1100_.jpg
Temperature rating is really good

Not sure what this stuff is good for

61UWSeeDRXL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

I guess if nothing else it would be good for engine compartments

yesterlectric

Occupation
Electrician
In general if it's not a conductor type listed in table 310.4A it can't be used for wiring in applications covered by the NEC. A manufacturer of UL listed equipment may use cables such as that.

Joethemechanic

Occupation
Electro-Mechanical Technician. Industrial machinery
In general if it's not a conductor type listed in table 310.4A it can't be used for wiring in applications covered by the NEC. A manufacturer of UL listed equipment may use cables such as that.
So I guess I shouldn't use it for cord replacement on small shop equipment and hand held power tools

yesterlectric

Occupation
Electrician
So I guess I shouldn't use it for cord replacement on small shop equipment and hand held power tools
There’s people doing all sorts of things without having a major problem, but if you want to use cord correctly and you’re wanting to follow the code you need to follow article 400 instead of 310. That is for flexible cords in cables. That tells you what you can and can’t use, and in what applications.

garbo

The red color #12 gauge cable with hundreds of fine strands might pose a problem with making a connection to attachment plugs . Not a fan of any safety, test or electrical products made in communist china. Have used high temperature silicone cord on heater bars that rotated 90 degrees on chocolate depositors.

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
The red/black "tined" copper wire cable is often used with Anderson/PowerPole connectors for 12V DC amateur radio (and some model train) power feeds. Google for lots of stuff!
12 gauge is the same as most garden (non-UL) zip cord, although the red/black is usually more expensive!