Intermatic ST01C timers losing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerplay

I've installed these timers to control a lighting contactor, heating contactor, as well as directly control some counter lighting. The directly controlled counter lights are still working fine but the other 4 are blanking out and flashing 12:00. The year, month, and program all remain in the memory, but the set time flashes 12:00. I have programmed all the timers more than once, as well as 2 other people and it still loses it's reference time. I installed it with no power, no neutral(common) is required as the controls work off an battery. The first night I progrmmed it I walked by it after half an hour, and it was flashing 12, so i set it again...it turned on the lights the next morning, but didn't shut them off, and it began flashing 12:00 again. i have reset it, reprogrammed it, it worked fine for a day then it flashed 12 again.... I'm ready to take a hammer to it...what is going on????? I replaced one, set it on a desk with no load programmed and it worked and kept time....install it and it eventually flashed 12:00....it has a snapping sound of a switch and is supposed to handle a 1 hp motor , resistive heater, etc....but it's just the clock time that ends up flashing......are 4 out of 5 defective???...or am I a human lightning bolt?

Thanks for your help.......toss me a life preserver anyone?

powerplay

it can be a 3 way switch...just cap off the red wire and use blue and black with no reference to which is line and load, but I did try switching them, and same result.....it must be defective, but trying to figure what I may have done, as it seems unlikely that many are defective??

powerplay

I'll be contacting the manufacturer, but just wondering if anyone heard of probs with this product, as it seems to be a versatile product with great revues....pretty cut n dry, but 4 out of 5 timers???...I thought I hit some wrong sequence, but not likely.

MAK

Is it possible that the battery is not seated correctly or that the contacts are bent in such a way that when you install it on a wall it is inadvertently making and braking contact and then when you tested it on a table the orientation of the device does not reproduce the undesirable effect?

nafis

follow the instruction sheet

follow the instruction sheet

I have been using them for while never encounter any problem ,however reset you the program. and make sure you push the save bottom . I usually program the time date, year, month and when you get to the DST pass that by pushing the on and off bottom. On the instruction sheet you select how do you want to program the switch? Also make sure you push the + if you the 12 flushes select the proper time.

Good luck.

Would you please tell us what Intermatic said and if you figure that problem

Status
Not open for further replies.