Inverter/Charger/Transfer Switch

xguard

Looking for a little direction, just started looking into these. We're wanting to use the product below (in the US) and have it wired up feeding a small load center for CCTV cameras. It would be connected to utility power for normal power and a small ups or battery (100 AH) in the event of a power failure. I've done transfer switches and generators but this type of installation is a first for me. In general can something like this be hardwired to feed a panel in a commercial building? Which code articles would apply? (outside of the general articles). Also I don't see a UL (or equivalent US) listing, only EN-IEC. Does that matter? Thanks for any feedback.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
Victron to my understanding focusses on making equipment for boats. Note the mention of shore power in your link. That may explain why they haven't got their stuff listed to a UL standard, because the NEC doesn't apply to boats. While the choice of what standards the equipment has to meet is an AHJ perogative, most AHJs in the US are expecting to see a UL standard for stuff the NEC requires to be listed. So yes, the lack of that could be a problem.

Code articles that could apply depending on details might include 702 and 480.

Todd0x1

there are a couple victron units that are ul listed. There are some better ways to do this though. Whats the load? (devices and wattage)

Todd0x1

30 Cameras. 120 Vac. 70 watts each (including switch)
That's not vary clear....

Are the cameras actually 120vac? Or are they powered from a POE switch? Or is there a separate power supply for the cameras?

70 watts each (including switch) what does this mean? 70 watts total load for the whole system including 30 cameras and a switch? 70 watts each camera (unlikely)?

Is there a local NVR or what else is there besides the cameras and network switch?

xguard

That's not vary clear....

Are the cameras actually 120vac? Or are they powered from a POE switch? Or is there a separate power supply for the cameras?

70 watts each (including switch) what does this mean? 70 watts total load for the whole system including 30 cameras and a switch? 70 watts each camera (unlikely)?

Is there a local NVR or what else is there besides the cameras and network switch?
Fair enough. Rounding up more specifics.

xguard

These is the equipment per the camera guy. Everything is currently supplied from a 120/208 3 phase panel. We're also looking at feeding the panel straight off a ups (hardwired no transfer switch), that seems a little simpler than what we were originally looking at. Appreciate any feedback.

I'm using the PoE Injector and DC Power supply input power requirements. I would think that's what the code would require but I'm not sure about for sizing battery backup as the actual running load would likely be less.

Electrical Loads
10 camera poles and each pole has:
3 cameras (powered by PoE injector)
3 PoE Injectors = 3 x 180VA = 540VA (Camera power is a? 25.5W for PoE+)
1 Ethernet Switch powered by 48VDC Power Supply (for Ethernet Switch) = 240 VA (Ethernet switch itself 10.12 W)
1 Digital Logger Pro Switch (couldn't find load requirements)

In the electrical room there will be one switch that I was told has input power requirements of 75 va, 120 vac.

30 x (540va+240va) + 75w = 23,475 VA (not including unknown Pro Switch)

Make and Model Info
Camera: Hanwha Vision QNP-6250R (powered by PoE Injector)
PoE Injector: Hanwa SPO-6011 60W output, (input 100-240VAC, 1.5A 50/60Hz)
Ethernet Switch: Forti Switch FSR-112D-POE (10.5W without using PoE Feature)
48VDC Power Supply (for Ethernet Switch): 120 VAC input, 48VDC 5 amp output
Reboot and Power Control: Digital Logger Pro Switch (couldn't find load requirements)

retirede

It seems odd that a PoE injector that can output 60W requires 180VA input. Really bad power factor?

ETA: The 60W is a max rating. It’s not going to output more than the camera will consume.

You’re using 25W per camera. That’s “max”. It says “14.7W typical”. I don’t know what causes a camera to use more or less power, but using 25W per is probably overkill.