IO Link

Selinaa007

Occupation
Electrical Designer
Hello people,

I have recently joined a company as an Electrical + Controls Engineer. They are using Balluff IO Blocks for communicating with the Sensors, LVDTs, Switches, all kinds of IOs. And then these IO Blocks are connected to the plant/Local network to the PLC. I am having hard time understanding the difference between normal IO Block connection like DI/DO and IO Link.

BillyMac59

Occupation
Industrial Electrician
My take: think of DI/DO as hardwired devices. In many cases, this wiring is tied directly to I/O modules at a PLC. The IO link is a combination of hardwiring and network. The DI/DO will be wired to a field module. This module will be networked to the PLC which can scan the status of the field modules I/O. Hope that helps....

Selinaa007

Occupation
Electrical Designer
My take: think of DI/DO as hardwired devices. In many cases, this wiring is tied directly to I/O modules at a PLC. The IO link is a combination of hardwiring and network. The DI/DO will be wired to a field module. This module will be networked to the PLC which can scan the status of the field modules I/O. Hope that helps....
perfect explanation. Thanks !!