Status
Not open for further replies.

Timberlea

New User
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Hi there!
Hopefully someone can help me!
We are from Ontario Canada and was wondering if a commercial building/ shop space is up to code when there are no light switches available.

Everything is controlled by the electrical panel at the back of the shop. Therefore when you come in in the morning, the space is completely black and we have to use a flashlight to get to the electrical panel to turn on our lights.

We didn't think this was allowed and this was hidden from us until we already signed our lease. Do you think there is anything I can do about this? I don't think it's safe.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Hi there!
Hopefully someone can help me!
We are from Ontario Canada and was wondering if a commercial building/ shop space is up to code when there are no light switches available.

Everything is controlled by the electrical panel at the back of the shop. Therefore when you come in in the morning, the space is completely black and we have to use a flashlight to get to the electrical panel to turn on our lights.

We didn't think this was allowed and this was hidden from us until we already signed our lease. Do you think there is anything I can do about this? I don't think it's safe.
NEC only requires that if the breaker is being used to switch lights on and off it shall be marked SWD.
You need to call an electrician to investigate your lights or ask your landlord why.
May be a contactor or timeclock somewhere that's not working.
This is a s far as we can go. Forum rules won't let us help DIY's.
Sorry,

Status
Not open for further replies.