is it gonna happen or not!!!!!!!! 2008 code

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapped 1

i keep getting conflicting reports of if and when florida is gonna adopt the 2008 code. first it was yes then no then yes now im hearing no again does anyone one have any further and why cant we make up our minds

bphgravity

The 2008 NEC was approved by the Florida Building Commission on June 9th at the Rule 9B-3.047 rule hearing. Florida law requires a 21 day publication of a "notice of change." This pushes the anticipated effective date of the 2008 NEC to mid August.

The July 1st date that has been previously circulated is no longer valid. Effective June 9th, the individual AHJ's may permit the design and installation of electrical systems based on the 2008 NEC however its use and compliance with the 2008 cannot be enforced until the effective date yet to be announced.

Keep an eye on the DCA website or check back on this forum frequently. I will report the exact date of adoption the minute I it is made known to me.

The good news is that only one modification to the 2008 NEC was approved by the commission. 680.22(B) has an exception for 1&2 family dwellings. All other provisions of the NEC are as written.

Status
Not open for further replies.