Is there a globe for pull string fixture or replacement fixture????

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt66electric

A friend ( police officer) is selling is OLD house and got Hammered by the hard-ball home inspector. It is mostly standard stuff. ungrounded/reversed recepts etc. The closets have the standard pull-string porcelin base fixture. Is there a pull-string Fixture with some sort of globe?? I would like a cheap easy fix without having to add a switch in an old house?? It does not have to work well, just pass inpection??

Would it pass inspection to blank off the light fixture? Is it required to have light in a small closet? If so what is the maximum size of a closet not required to have a light.

I feel like a lawyer, which side is paying me? Both answers are correct/legal. If your are buying a house---everthing must be updated and pretty, rewire thewhole house. If you selling, then, everthing Is FINE -- OK according to code at the time of construction.

stevebea

A friend ( police officer) is selling is OLD house and got Hammered by the hard-ball home inspector. It is mostly standard stuff. ungrounded/reversed recepts etc. The closets have the standard pull-string porcelin base fixture. Is there a pull-string Fixture with some sort of globe?? I would like a cheap easy fix without having to add a switch in an old house?? It does not have to work well, just pass inpection??

Would it pass inspection to blank off the light fixture? Is it required to have light in a small closet? If so what is the maximum size of a closet not required to have a light.

I feel like a lawyer, which side is paying me? Both answers are correct/legal. If your are buying a house---everthing must be updated and pretty, rewire thewhole house. If you selling, then, everthing Is FINE -- OK according to code at the time of construction.

I've used some of these from Leviton http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/SectionDisplay.jsp?section=39796&minisite=10251

Status
Not open for further replies.