Is there an instance where you wouldn't have to derate?

Jonathan23

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I was wondering if there is an instance where a run of conduit is short enough that you would not have to worry about derating the conductors inside the conduit? Is there a section in the code that would give me this answer? Any help will be helpful.

HEYDOG

I was wondering if there is an instance where a run of conduit is short enough that you would not have to worry about derating the conductors inside the conduit? Is there a section in the code that would give me this answer? Any help will be helpful.
310.15(c)(1)(b)

Dsg319

Occupation
Wv Master “lectrician”
24” and less

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor

I don't know if you are aware of this but you can de-rate from the 90C column as long as the load is not greater than the 75C column (assuming you have 90C wires)