Jail cell bath fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

220wire

What are the requirements for a bath fan to be installed inside a jail cell shower area. I have called every wholesaler I could think of and nobody can direct me to product that is "bullet proof" like I need. Any toughts...

LLSolutions

Any specs? Any already installed? Can a normal one be installed in a protective cage?What about using an inline fan in a safe area, and let a tinknocker worry about inmates beating each other with the ducts

mdshunk

Probably a remote mounted fan, ducted to the cell location, with a local welding shop fabricated grille would be the best bet.

celtic

What are the requirements for a bath fan to be installed inside a jail cell shower area. I have called every wholesaler I could think of and nobody can direct me to product that is "bullet proof" like I need. Any toughts...

I think the job specs will detail the parameters the jail wants.

As mentioned by mdshunk, the fan will probably be remote with accompanying duct work.

celtic

When I saw you post I assumed you where just going to say 'venting by others'. :cool:

LMAO :D

I actually had that written and had the link copied to that other thread ...but decided to just stop short and see where this would go ;)

ceb58

Probably a remote mounted fan, ducted to the cell location, with a local welding shop fabricated grille would be the best bet.

Thats the way we have them in the prisons. If they can get to it they will tear it up just for fun or make an airplane out of it. Which ever comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.