job pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

saratoga1

I am guessing his bid did not include the electrical, that is why the homeowner obtained with the local franchise electro guy. Why I lowered my price, hmmm, not sure??, I dont think he benefited from it, I think he has done a ton of work for these people (really big house) I was just curious about my price? I had less than $60 in parts, 42 miles round trip, Iwas there a little less than 3.5 hours not including travel time.

Sparky555

jmsbrush said:
I'm sorry Sparky, I just don't see how you think those hours are good. 1 hour there 1 hour back. 3.5+2 = 5.5 hours $375-100 in material= 275.

So now you have a $50.00 an hour bill rate.
What about over head and profit???
Just factor in the normal overhead that all legitimate EC's have.
He will find that he will be about of business soon unless he is already independently rich.

My point was that as a full-time employee it might work ($50/hr=$100k/yr.), but not as an electrical contractor.

Dave

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
steelersman said:
i don't see where you guys get $100 in material.
Well, my claim is that's what I'd charge. Someone has to go shopping, after all. If the stuff costs $65, then $35 covers a trip to the store.

Rich R

LarryFine said:
Well, my claim is that's what I'd charge. Someone has to go shopping, after all. If the stuff costs $65, then $35 covers a trip to the store.

Unless of course your a side jobber and just get materials free from boss's shelf.

He has over $50 just in GFI's, what do you get in materials steelersman ?

Status
Not open for further replies.