Journeyman to Master Electrician

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxall777

I have been a Industrial electrician in Wisconsin for eight years. I have a Certificate of Apprenticeship for a Industrial Electrician. Wisconsin act 63 will go into effect in 2013. Will my Certificate become a licsense? Will I be able to take a test to become a master electrician?

bphgravity

The best thing to do is call the state board that will regulate the license to get the information you seek AND/OR contact the local licensing authority that will be enforcing the state law.

In short, get the information you need FIRST HAND.

http://ww2.wisconsin.gov/state/license/app?COMMAND=gov.wi.state.cpp.license.command.LoadLicenseHome

This will get you in to Wisconsin.gov's licencing area. In the Department of Commerce/ licencing/Master Electrician it has the requirements listed. It appears that you need 7 years of construction electrician experience (or some engineering schooling.) Check the site.

I don't think that the whole thing has been ironed out yet, so I'm sure a lot will change before 2013.

Just for one site with a lotta Wisconsin electrician links I use www.jatc-ce.org as a favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.