Just a funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Didn't really know where to put this. I thought it was funny.:grin:

This is a response from an inspector in another jurisdiction to a friend of his about screening a dryer vent.

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Sorry it took so long to get back to you. About your dryer...Well Code section 504.3 of the 2007 California Mechanical Code, States.. in condensed form: Clothes dryer venting is to run to the outside, with a back draft damper, not to be connected with screws and not to be screened at vent termination! Meaning anywhere in the duct, pretty damn clear. Where was the screen installed at? From a inspection standpoint you can't see to the inside of the duct, and the Contractor should of know better, pretty obvious that it would get clogged with lint and very possible cause a fire. Luckily, it didn't burn down your house and you and your family didn't die in some sort of horrific fiery death, in which the fire could of set fire to the inter City leaving 1000's dead, homeless and maimed, with dead corpses piling up, causing stench and plague, with the dense smoke choking out our atmosphere and cause global warming, melting the Arctic ice caps, raising sea levels, flooding and killing the worlds coastal populations, in turn causing a domino effect of earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, floods, food shortages, death, mayhem, eventually cause the total demise of human existence, in which the world surplus of weapons would fall into disrepair, obliterating 55% of the Earth total mass, causing the Earth, or what is left of it, to change rotation and throwing the Solar system out of sync, slinging the Sun into a wobble which would make it to inwardly explode, creating a Black hole so large and vast that nothing in the Universe could escape it, including the Universe itself. This would reverse the Big Bang cause everything to fold inward within itself, erasing everything and anything that ever existed or would exists. ??Damn Contractor!

Have a nice day.
Jason[/FONT]

Podagrower

I'm using aerosol cans to spray those butterflies with DDT as fast as I can.:grin:

On the other hand--generator hookups and service rebuilds can be profitable

mdshunk

I think the "butterfly effect" was something they taught us in college when discussing chaos theory. Today, I worry about stuff I can actually control and do something about, and don't even think about the stuff I can't.

quogueelectric

mdshunk said:
I think the "butterfly effect" was something they taught us in college when discussing chaos theory. Today, I worry about stuff I can actually control and do something about, and don't even think about the stuff I can't.
Sounds like Steven Covey am I in the ballpark.

On top of the destruction of the universe and the hurricane in Florida, the screen could cause the build up of lint which would clog the pipe and not let the hot air escape which would make the hot air back flow into the dryer, which would raise the temperature in the dryer and cause it shut the heating coil off which would mean that you would never have warm dry clothes! Unless you just removed the screen and replaced it with a louvered cap.:roll:

cowboyjwc

Staff member
DanZ said:
On top of the destruction of the universe and the hurricane in Florida, the screen could cause the build up of lint which would clog the pipe and not let the hot air escape which would make the hot air back flow into the dryer, which would raise the temperature in the dryer and cause it shut the heating coil off which would mean that you would never have warm dry clothes! Unless you just removed the screen and replaced it with a louvered cap.:roll:

Well, yeah, you could do that, but what's gonna stop the butterfly?

Status
Not open for further replies.