Just past the Certified E.C unlimited exams... Has anyone ever applied to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgookin

Has anyone ever applied to the board with 1099s?? Will that work for experience proof?

No.

You need a notarized affidavit from a license holder attesting to your experience in the profession in which you are seeking licensure.

Carefully read the prescriptive requirements for experience and make sure the affidavit says you have that experience. It should include the affiant's license number, dates of your work, etc.

See 489.511(c) http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ng=&URL=0400-0499/0489/Sections/0489.511.html
Make sure it is crystal clear in that affidavit that you meet those requirements. They can be anal about reading those affidavits. I've been to many hearings on appeals because someone did not word an affidavit as clear as it could have been.

Ryan V

I understand the statute but when i called API processing they said that they need w2s for the four years I'm claiming to be a supervisor plus the letter from the contractor

mgookin

How much experience (how many years) do you have as an electrician?
How many of those years were you in a supervisory position?
Can a licensed electrician (it doesn't have to be the one you worked for) attest to this information?

mgookin

11 years experience... 6 years supervisor and yes of coarse I have an electrical contractor to vouch for that... But no w2s

I've seen licenses issued by those boards >50 times with nothing more than affidavit(s). I've never heard of submitting W-2's or 1099's or anything other than affidavits. You have to fill in the schedule on the application and the affidavits must verify at least the minimum amount required.

Call whoever you're paying and ask them to show you where something says W-2's are required. It's possible that something changed and I'm not aware. I'd be curious to know.

mgookin

Do they recognize an out of state electrical contractor license as a qualification to sit for the exam?

Yes, as long as it's a state that has reasonable requirements for licensure. You may even only have to take the Florida legal, depending on what test you took up there.

mgookin

I don't think so. One of my friends has applied to the board but it was rejected.

Applications are rejected every day for one reason or another. If it was because they did not accept his out of state licensed contractor, then it's because that state has very low requirements (or no requirements) for contractor licensing.

victoruzchka

New User
Has anyone ever applied to the board with 1099s?? Will that work for experience proof?

In order to apply for an electrical contractor license, you have to submit an application to the Board for review. You should have, before applying, at least five years of hands-on experience working with tools in the electrical field.

Status
Not open for further replies.