kaic ratings of panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Can somebody please point me to the standard interrupt ratings of 208/120y panels?
I know there are 10kaic, 22kaic, 65kaic, and 100kaic, but where can I find this info?

Searches on Google keep turning up info on Series rated combos. Thanx.

bob

Re: kaic ratings of panels

The Mfg. Catalog will list panels according to KAIC rating. You have to perform the fault current caculations to determine what rating you will need. I'm not sure this answers your question
or not.

jtb

Say I need a 31.5 kaic panel. They don't make a 31.5 kaic panel. What are the standard ratings made?

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems

I think it is too much work to find (or care) what each manufacturer has to offer. I just specify the AIC rating I want/have/anticipate nad let each quoter provide the proper equipment.

However to directly answer your question, I have seen (just from Square D) for 208Y/120:
10K, 14K, 18K, 22K, 25K, 35K, 42K, 65K, 100K, and 200K

bob

If you have need of a 31.5 kaic panel you will need to go to the next higher size. Jim says Sq D
makes a 35 kaic or mabe use a 42 kaic. Just need to make sure the rating is higher than the available fault current.

[ July 14, 2003, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: bob ]

jtb

Thanks, that clears things up. I wasn't aware that manufacturers had that many options, but I see the 'typical' ratings with a few oddballs being common. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.