Kinetix 5100 Indexing drive and outputs

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

V02maxed

Occupation
Industrial Journeyman Electrician
Hello,
I'm looking for someone who has had experience setting up output commands during an index move with a Kinetix 5100.
I do have some experience setting up Kinetix 5100 drives in stand alone Indexing mode using I/O and PR commands but I am having trouble in my current scenario where I am trying to drive one of the programmable outputs to only come on after a certain PR command is reached. There are many options for turning on/off outputs at various commands being reached IE "servo home", "drive faulted", Etc.
What I want to do that I haven't figured out is turn on a specific output (DO3) once my indexing has reached the 4th index. In the old Ultra3000 drive software this was very straightforward - pick an output and select the index # position to fire it. I have not been able to figure out how to set this up in the Kinetix and there is nothing I understand in the manual for doing this.
I appreciate any help on this if you have experience. Thanks!
TJS

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Call your local AB distributor and ask to have them put you in contact with their local Rockwell "Mechatronics TC" (TC = Technical Consultant), that's what those folks are for.

V02maxed

Occupation
Industrial Journeyman Electrician
Just for anyone that saw this or searches for something similar, I did get information back from Rockwell and their is a method to do this.
It includes using the accumulated value of the PR and then specific parameters setup to monitor that position and setting another value high based on limits. I haven't set it up yet, but it looks like it should work. I can be more specific if needed.