Kinetix 6000 line integrated module

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently at work I was having trouble with 2 kenetix drives not getting any power. This led me back to a kenetix 6000 line integrated module that had line power in, but nothing on the load side. This has a main breaker that wasn't tripped, neither the ac or DC breaker tripped, and the fuses both rung out fine. I ended up replacing it with another one and everything came up just fine.

My questions are;

Have you guys found anything internally that could have failed?

What is the benefit of using LIM's?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Hard to say. As far as I know it is just a main circuit breaker transformer and a power supply. I don't think there's anything special in it. If the breaker was reset and the fuses weren't blown I don't know what else could go wrong with it.

I'd be inclined to send it back to Allen Bradley and ask them to take a look at it.

Teaser2

Occupation
Electrician/EE
Are you referring the Line Interface Module ? I am not sure what module model number you have, I assume they are similar. I would have checked the control signal that enables the internal 3 phase contactor to make sure that you had the enable signal is present at the time. Coil "K" on the schematic. If there is an issue with the control signal, it will show its face again. It could be that the module just went bad after a power outage, dip etc. How old is the unit ?

1676985397729.png

I think I have found my culprit. It is a line interface module; 2094-BL75S.
It seems to be a pretty straightforward series of components, and nothing looks like it has failed. I constantly have issues with these guardmasters failing around the plant. Well send it off for repair and see if I'm right.

Thank you guys for your replies!
60d4b27eb700a490fdf3896b8f0de8ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.