Kitchen exhaust fan circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanetten

Can I connect a kitchen exhaust fan from a above counter gfci circuit?

The exhaust fan load is approx. 240W

jtester

Re: Kitchen exhaust fan circuit

I need more info before answering the question. Is this a residence, is the circuit you are connecting to a small appliance branch circuit as outlined in 210.11.(C)(1)?
In a residence, most of the time, you can't connect an exhaust fan to the small appliance circuits.

Jim T

vanetten

Is this a residence....yes

is the circuit you are connecting to a small appliance branch circuit as outlined in 210.11.(C)(1)?
yes

vanetten

can I connect the exhaust fan to a lighting circuit or refrigerator circuit?

electricmanscott

Depends how you connect it. If it is cord and plug connected it must be an individual branch circuit serving only the hood. If it is hardwired it can be on the lighting circuit but it can not be on the fridge circuit.

allenwayne

As a standard we dedicate the hood circuit .Most
of the time there is a hood/micro,also use it for range ignitor recep. in a gas community.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Originally posted by allenwayne:
Most of the time there is a hood/micro, (we) also use it for range ignitor recep. in a gas community.
Remember Allen, as Scott said, under the 2005 we can no longer use the "Hood" circuit for any other outlet if the hood is cord-and-plug-connected. Little bitty ignitor included.

I would put the outlet for the igniter on the countertop GFI circuit--that's still allowed. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.