kohler generator instalation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ack

i am getting 14kw standby generator for my house.i have installed many of them trough my job the bigges one 150kw.lets say i know how . i am licensed journeyman but i am not kohler dealer , can somebody tell me how is that going to work with the warranty and the startup if i am not certified kohler installer?tank you

rlundsrud

You would have to check with Kohler, but you might be able to install it then have it inspected by an authorized Kohler service tech prior to start up/commissioning. There would be a small cost associated with this I imagine.

macmikeman

It's like if car makers required you to hire a dealer serviceman to drive your new vehicle the first 500 miles to make sure it was broke in properly. Highly suspect to me. Rotten tomatoes.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
It's like if car makers required you to hire a dealer serviceman to drive your new vehicle the first 500 miles to make sure it was broke in properly. Highly suspect to me. Rotten tomatoes.

The install is a big part of making a generator system work though.

Here is their warranty. Kohler has to do the startup. Looks like you can install it yourself.

http://www.norwall.com/product_pdfs/2722_14resa_l_warr.pdf

This is what it actually says.

A Kohler distributor, dealer, or authorized service representative must perform startup.

I can't say I blame them all that much. A lot of generator installs are pretty sloppy. presumably they could authorize anyone they want to do the start-up.

Last edited:

growler

i am licensed journeyman but i am not kohler dealer , can somebody tell me how is that going to work with the warranty and the startup if i am not certified kohler installer?tank you

You would have to check with Kohler, but you might be able to install it then have it inspected by an authorized Kohler service tech prior to start up/commissioning. There would be a small cost associated with this I imagine.

Yes you would want a Kohler dealer to do the start up for you. There is more to the start up than just electrical.

You get your permits and do the electrical right and if needed to get a licensed professional to hook up the fuel supply and then the dealer can do the start up.

Go ahead and call the local dealer because it doesn't cost anything just to call and ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.