Labor Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Racks already up.
Running 3-1/2" EMT set screw fittings 180' x 3 sets(540') w/ 5 bends in each run( so you'll be hitting a pull box). Wide open area. Horizontal on same floor and standard 15' ceilings.
2 men 6 days seem doable?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Sounds OK to me with the right men doing the work. I wold have one guy installing the EMT and the other making the bends.

Just as a side note does your job also have any runs of 4" EMT? We've adopted the strategy that if there are runs of both 3.5" and 4" EMT that we always just run 4". Less inventory to maintain, easier measuring, and no changing out the shoe on the bender everytime you want to bend 3.5" EMT. All of our big jobs use 4" EMT for data runs so since we're already running miles of 4" we've stopped using 3.5" altogether.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Sounds OK to me with the right men doing the work. I wold have one guy installing the EMT and the other making the bends.

Just as a side note does your job also have any runs of 4" EMT? We've adopted the strategy that if there are runs of both 3.5" and 4" EMT that we always just run 4". Less inventory to maintain, easier measuring, and no changing out the shoe on the bender everytime you want to bend 3.5" EMT. All of our big jobs use 4" EMT for data runs so since we're already running miles of 4" we've stopped using 3.5" altogether.
No actually mostly just 3.5". Material price difference is minimal so i understand that. Labor is also negligible. Would imagine this is taken into consideration in the estimate and buyout.
Curious why would inventory be impacted in positive way and also measuring?

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
Also savings from less adapter fittings as our POCO only stock whole sizes not 1/2 sized. So either we adapt up or we provide the pipe.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
You would only have to stock 4” pipe & fittings.

Measurements for bends and offsets would always be the same - no need to think about whether the run is 3-1/2” or 4”.
Exactly what I was thinking. Rack layout and punching holes in pull boxes is also more streamlined with all the same size conduit.

Status
Not open for further replies.