Labor Unit

OK Sparky 93

Occupation
Electrician
I am 99% sure this has been covered. I have this book of labor units. The National Electrical Estimator 2023. In it, there are conduit assemblies, along with many other task, for example. It list 100' conduit runs with. Each with 2 connectors, 9 couplings, 9-1 hole straps and from 1-6 conductors from #14-#10. It shows the labor unit allowed for a complete install, material cost, labor cost, (based on national average), and a total install cost.

Anyone else seen this? Whether you have or you have not.

A 100' 3/4" EMT run with 3-#10's. LU@ 6.92 hours, material cost $144, Labor $298 for a total installed cost $442.

If this is geared toward new construction,with no walls in the way or drop ceiling to have to contend with.

Anyone have a recommendation, on how you could use these figures and apply a multiplier, for an old work application?

Moore Power

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have been playing with estimating software the last couple days and the default is set at x .8 of the book rate. That seems to work out really well for a wide open installation. The job I am bidding on has a lot of lift work that I am Factoring at x1.25 and work in existing walls that I am going to factor at x1.5. I'm no expert by any means but the guy that showed me the software said he always uses x2 for work in block walls.

PizzaSolei

Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I came up with 7.48 hours using a flat rate software
10 10ft lengths with 3 #10 1 hole straps couplings no higher than 14ft without an upcharge
Sell $1437.70
plus ends, breakers, elbows LB's
dispatch, set up clean up, helper/apprentice.