landfill flare & blowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpd

how would a generator be classified at a landfill that is a standby system for a flare & blowers, its a new installation to an existing system, plan review was done by the state, I am doing the field inspections, just curious about the generator legally required or optional, not much info on the plans, hoping maybe somebody on this site designs or deals with these systems

bob cape may

Is the gen for back up or is the gen prime power and the flare back up when the gen goes down? The system I work with the gens are prime power and flare is back up to take the gas that must be burned.

mpd

Is the gen for back up or is the gen prime power and the flare back up when the gen goes down? The system I work with the gens are prime power and flare is back up to take the gas that must be burned.

there is actually 2 transfer switches, the generator appears to be back up to one transfer switch, the other transfer switch is fed from another source, but both feed the same electrical panel, i am trying from memory i don't have the plans in front of me

Status
Not open for further replies.