Landscape light voltage drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshpmn

New User
Occupation
home owner
Hello,

I have a new problem suddenly crop up. My landscape voltage timer/controller puts out 14V. I have to runs from this controller. The first one maintains 14V to the lights that are about 20 feet away. The second run use to work fine until last week. This run is also about 20 feet and drives 3 LED bulbs. The bulbs will not come on now. I measured the voltage at the bulb and I am reading only 5V. They used to work fine until recently.

I had a landscape guy do some edging and trimming of the yard and I am afraid he may have cut or nicked the wire to the lamps. But I can't see any breaks in the wire from the controller to the lamp stakes.

Any suggestions to help me locate the problem will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
harsh

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
* This NEC® Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Knowledge and the practical application of the National Electrical Code is an essential part of all electrical installations. If it's important for you to understand the National Electrical Code, then look no further.

Status
Not open for further replies.