LEB Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pducks

Hope anyone can help. Im a chiller tech who is having problems interpreting the NEC book for the LEB license .. I have worked with journeymen and now having to take the test here in Oregon. Find that when i open the NEC 2002 code book. Well it looks like jiberish to me. I mean i can get through it but when it comes to taking the state test and and being timed 25 questions for 2hrs. Well i didnt make it. More of the pressure of finding things i am unfamiliar with in my field. I have the firms fast finder but am curious if anyone here knows of a more helpful way to locate questions asked like on a test. Any other book to help understand it. To get quicker. Hope anyone can help ?

pducks

Re: LEB Testing

A chiller tech ? Sorry. I overhaul commercial and ind. centrifugal chillers. Which are like 400 to 1500 ton process cooling units. If that makes sense. But now they want me to start getting into communication networking so they can all talk.In such i have around 30 days to go and take the LEB(limited energy class B) test for the state of Oregon.

[ January 29, 2005, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: pducks ]

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC

Well, if it's only low voltage that will really narrow down the parts of the NEC you will need to study. (Not that it isn't a good idea to at least become familiar with the whole book when you get a chance.) All you need to study is article 725 on and there is a lot of repetition in these articles. Keep in mind that the rest of the code doesn't apply to these articles unless something is specifically referenced so you won't need to worry about probably 90% of the book.

I would say that the most important things to know are the types of cables and their markings, the permitted hierarchy of substitutions and where the various cables can or must be used such as plenum and riser listed cables.

-Hal

pducks

Thanks Hal. Anything and everything helps. Especially on what needs to be more focused on for the test. So much information in that book. congradulations to the guys who have that book down.

Paul-

Status
Not open for further replies.