LED Dimmer Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlundsrud

How did you configure the neutral? Is it switched at the ATS or is it a floating neutral at the generator? Have you checked the output frequency and the voltage of the generator? I would examine these things first. I suppose I should ask if this is a single location or if you have experienced this at multiple locations.

I have not seen the installation but i am relaying the information that was told to me.

The neutral is solidly grounded from the service to the generator. The neutral i snot switched. The transfer switch is not a delayed through neutral type switch.

The generator was checked by the generator manufacturer, both voltage and freq were found to be fine. there are multiple dimmer panels throughout the house with LED dimmers and other control relays in the panels. only the LED dimmers failed in the panels (19 dimmers in all). the other control relays were fine.

mgookin

I have not seen the installation but i am relaying the information that was told to me.

The neutral is solidly grounded from the service to the generator. The neutral i snot switched. The transfer switch is not a delayed through neutral type switch.

The generator was checked by the generator manufacturer, both voltage and freq were found to be fine. there are multiple dimmer panels throughout the house with LED dimmers and other control relays in the panels. only the LED dimmers failed in the panels (19 dimmers in all). the other control relays were fine.

That's incredible. The manufacturer of those dimmers would certainly want to know that. Have you contacted them?

mgookin

I understand that the manufacturer is studying the dimmers. no word yet as to why the failure.

Well I sure don't recommend recreating the event by replacing all 19 dimmers with the same brand. Can you get another brand which will work with everything else that's in place?

Just curious - how much damage to the building?

Status
Not open for further replies.