LED drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
If I use LED bulbs in a light that the customer complains is constantly blowing bulbs (I think from high voltage)
can the LED driver take a higher voltage than most incandescent bulbs?
The bulbs being used are 120 volt 60 watt.
I would like to try to find 130 volt but since they are candelabra base I don't think that's going to happen.
Would an LED bulb tolerate high voltage better?

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
Is it just the one fixture? If it is, look to some issue with it as opposed to the voltage being too high.

qcroanoke

Occupation
Sorta retired........
Is it just the one fixture? If it is, look to some issue with it as opposed to the voltage being too high.

yeah, I think..... Haven't been there yet to see for myself and we all know that you can't listen to the customer....
That's why I'd rather find 130 volt bulbs and try them first but she seems to be intent on changing the light kit and Lowes is about a 20 minute drive
from her house.

qcroanoke

Occupation
Sorta retired........

Ended up changing out the sockets of the light kit. I bought another light kit on the way figuring I could just change it out if needed or take it back if not.
The sockets were in pretty bad shape so I decided to change the kit. Wouldn't fit so I ended up changing out just the sockets and the globes too.
When I left all was good.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
Cool. I had a customer who had a problem similar to this. Outdoor fixtures most were so full of insect parts that the lamps were not making a complete surface to surface connection, as you can imagine. cause the sockets to arc and overheat. Some I just cleaned out by blowing the debris out with a straw. Others needed the sockets replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.