led high bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhillock

I have installed 60 led high bays . We have a new inspector and he is saying all luminaires shall have disconnects but the only thing I can find in the code is 430.130G which is electric discharge lighting under 1000 v can i get some help with this

kwired

Electron manager
I have installed 60 led high bays . We have a new inspector and he is saying all luminaires shall have disconnects but the only thing I can find in the code is 430.130G which is electric discharge lighting under 1000 v can i get some help with this

I think you transposed numbers, the section is 410.130G (430 would be motors). But that section is likely what the inspector is thinking of, but an LED luminaire doesn't fit the description of what is described in 410.130G. It is basically describing any luminaire that uses linear fluorescent tubes and a ballast to drive them, and there are enough exceptions that you often don't need the disconnect anyway.

Cletis

Try 410.130(G)(1) also as above but

Exception

Industrial establishments with restricted public access where written procedures and conditions of maintenance and supervision ensure that only qualified persons will service the installation [410.130(G)(1), Exception No. 4].

Status
Not open for further replies.