LED Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

anbm

Anyone uses LED lamps for parking lot, parking garage? Any cost saving for a long run?:slaphead:

cadpoint

Anyone uses LED lamps for parking lot, parking garage? Any cost saving for a long run?:slaphead:

Yes , I've seen them used in both cases.

What people do or don't realize is the input / output ratio of the investment (frankly thats to simplist in itself as well). For example a circuit service size will still be run to some point of usage then transformed to address LED power requirements, negating Hue or other characteristics or aspects of LED's it's what is consumed is still the product sum of wattage = volts X amps. Ok in respects to the wiring required in the OP its not LV wiring, as of this writing!

The investment to have this product of light, might well be GREATER to have the total circuit including an LED. It's the measurable quanties of less used wattage that can be seen when used by any type of product that uses less of over a life cycle, but led's frankly does not decrease the costs in general (negating the price of the product).

Oddly, everyone that chooses so is now paying the price upfront for the price of consuming less over time with LED's. IMO!

highvolts582

The store 711 has been retrofitting all their stores parking lot lights.They are not stupid. I have been buying the led retro fit trim lights from Cree for my house these are at home depot for 24.95 in brick NJ more on the internet and i was in a home depot in new york city and they were all more money. Yes not all home depots charge the same price they charge what they can get away with. online and store location could be different. comparable supply house bought led trims are 100 plus. my light says 3 hours a day 22.5 years. I'm sticking with 25 dollar one Cree 6 inch led trim 10.5 watts!! but it says 12 watts on the trim I do not get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.