LED light strip extension to make it one light strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

sommerjd

New User
I purchased some LED light strips from Costco last year and got them at a really good deal thinking that I could extend them into one strip using the same remote to change the color and features. They have 3 solder points at the end of the strip one labeled 24 v, one ground, and one DIG. Well I extended the strip and nothing on the strip I solder to the end. I figured that the programmable box that is located at the strip is only programmed for what was the original light strip. The strip is 18' long and I bought several thinking that I could put them together, at a junction box if necessary for the power drop, and use only one logic box to change the features. The light strip is made by Design Solutions International Inc. They have 6 lights between soldering strips and an IC chip in between each set of 6 lights. I believe the IC chip is used to shift the light pattern to the next set of 6 lights. Is it possible to connect a set of 6 of these light strips into one and use some type of program box to activate the whole length of led lights and change the pattern similar to what it is doing with one strip now?

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
With all due respect to your credentials, this appears to be a DIY project and as such not an allowed post.

[FONT=&quot]I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report.gif
button at the top right corner of the post.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.