LED lights and Harmonics ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davebones

We have been slowly changing lighting fixtures thru out the plant to LED's . Office areas are getting the 2'x2' or 2'x4' lay in LED light fixture's . Out in the plant we are using round LED's . Being in place since the 80's a lot of circuits share neutrals . I know we had an issue years ago with computers causing harmonic's on a panel . You could feel the vibration on the panel cover . Right now we haven't noticed any issues . Just wondered if anyone has had harmonic issues after changing out lights to LED's and any recommendations for dealing with this ?

We have been slowly changing lighting fixtures thru out the plant to LED's . Office areas are getting the 2'x2' or 2'x4' lay in LED light fixture's . Out in the plant we are using round LED's . Being in place since the 80's a lot of circuits share neutrals . I know we had an issue years ago with computers causing harmonic's on a panel . You could feel the vibration on the panel cover . Right now we haven't noticed any issues . Just wondered if anyone has had harmonic issues after changing out lights to LED's and any recommendations for dealing with this ?
I am 99.3% sure you will not have an issue. If you can find a balanced mwbc put a clamp on it let us know what you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.