LED Lights ?? (Resi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultramegabob

they stock LED retro fits for standard 6 inch can lights at Kirby Risk, I priced them a while back and they seemed reasonable at the time, cant remeber the price off the top of my head though....

e57

Be afraid! I have not come across a well made product yet - most seem to be made in a garage - and judging by the price - the garage is in Monaco.....

On top of all that - the light quality sucks.... If it makes the dope - I mean customer feel "Greener" feel free to suck the green right out of the bank for him - ask for a blank check. :rolleyes:

jerm

They'll replace CFLs, but not tomorrow.

I installed some that gave off a TON of light (exactly one ton!) and were rated at 2 watts each. Customer supplied, they were imported, don't know what they cost. But I know they don't use much power at all for a lot of light.

Its not clear to me exactly what she's talking about. She's environmentally conscious I guess. The rough-in is just regular old recessed cans & lights boxes. I dunnoo... She's got a photo of some LED screw-in something or the other with big fins on it. We'll see. She's a friend, so I'll tell her to go buy whatever she wants...haha...

ultramegabob

CAsparky said:
Anybody ever use these?
http://www.creells.com/products.htm
I think they are 100$ a unit. Ouch

those are what I was talking about that they have at Kirby Risk, I have looked at them, they look like they install with about much work as a fisheye trim, and it seems to me the price wasnt that bad, of course I was comparing the price to a commercial fluorescent canlight.... If I had canlights in my house I would try them out.

TwinCitySparky

OK - I've come out from the corner. Had 2 cups of joe... I'm better now :wink:

I checked these out at a local custom lighting supplier one month ago. They charge $150.00 a pop!. He had one mounted next to a standard 65 watt can light. They are much brighter and it produced a very pleasing acceptable white tone of light to my eye.

His big upsell was the low operating temperature. They will not "heat" a small kitchen like 8 regular can lights will. He claimed that translates to significant HVAV cooling saving$... (made sense to me)

Palmbay

e57 said:
Be afraid! I have not come across a well made product yet - most seem to be made in a garage - and judging by the price - the garage is in Monaco.....

On top of all that - the light quality sucks.... If it makes the dope - I mean customer feel "Greener" feel free to suck the green right out of the bank for him - ask for a blank check. :rolleyes:

+1

There are dimmable leds that I have installed, but be prepaired for flourecent color that is not for any task lighting. Only good for ilumination, not light.

electricalperson

ok i done some research and found LED lamps. the ones ive seen cost 100 dollars PER LAMP. is that the kind your talking about? is it really worth it right now to put those in since they cost so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.