Led o-10 dimming

Status
Not open for further replies.

snow cowboy

What is the correct wiring method for led 0-10 led dimming? The wiring method is in conduit and with 2x2 and 2x4 led lay in fixtures. What is correct way to run the 0-10 dimming I would like to be able to pull it though the conduit it system and to splice the 0-10 in the same box as the switch legs are spliced in?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
It really depends on the system. Some 0-10v dimming require the dimming wires to be in a separate area of the fixture. Southwire makes an mc cable that is designed specifically for this application.

I have used 14/4 nm. I have also used 14/2nm and a class 3 wiring for the 0-10v dimming

snow cowboy

0-10 led dimming

0-10 led dimming

Hello,

I am wondering what the correct way to wire 0-10v led dimming. Is it possible to run the 0-10 wire with the 120v in the same raceway? Also, can the splices for the 120v and 0-10v be in the same box?

-Thanks

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Hello,

I am wondering what the correct way to wire 0-10v led dimming. Is it possible to run the 0-10 wire with the 120v in the same raceway? Also, can the splices for the 120v and 0-10v be in the same box?

-Thanks

I thought I answered your question. You may be able to depending on the system.

snow cowboy

Is there a cable that you could pull into the conduit system just for the 0-10 dimming. Since everything is done in pipe I would rather not start using ac cable

snow cowboy

Is there a cable that you could use just for the 0-10 dimming and pull it in the conduit. Everything is piped and I don't run mc cable all over.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I know thhn works to pull in the pipe with the switch legs but is it legal to do it that way?

the insulation is suitable for the highest voltage present.

the conductors are control wires for the system being served
by the circuit.

those are the two primary criteria. it really isn't any different
than pulling motor control wires in a conduit with the motor
feeders.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
It is potentially different if the controls are labelled as a Class 2 circuit. That is usually not the case for motor control wiring.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.