LED parking lot lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyerinfl

I have a parking lot that I was setting up to change out about 30+ metal halides on light poles. Anyway the guy in charge of running the plaza suggested changing all the metal halides out (about 195) to LEDs. I'm trying to see if anyone knows a retrofit kit for an LED parking lot light, 277v input, that I could just install into the existing light head, and also for any feedback/websites/manufacturers on using LEDs in parking lots as this would be my first time.

resistance

You may want to check with the manufacture of the current lights, and see if they have any retro's you can install.
Also, do your research. One company I heard of is Cree. Yet, I can't give you a reliability report on the company, because I've never installed their lighting.

peter d

I vaguely remember reading in one of the trade rags a while back that they came out with an LED streetlight "cobra head." I have yet to see one in use though.

nyerinfl

I've been searching google and not coming up with much. The link Marc posted seems to be releveant. but @ $1,000 that would be 195K my cost just to buy them, eesh.

tyha

Cree is a company est here in raleigh. Actually we just wired thier latest office. I think most of thier business is in smaller LED applications

Status
Not open for further replies.