Leveling Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

jflynn

I was able to get the engineer to let me use these from caddy.

PH3955_W.jpg

Deck Hanger and TDHP2 Punch

Major saving of strut or pipe to bridge the trusses.

Bob,we have used these before and they work great,did you have to give back a big credit for not using strut?I/am assuming the strut was showed as a detail per original palns/spec;s...

cschmid

jrannis said:
I guess a stringline is just too old fashioned these days

Na I still use one..I can set it up just as fast as the laser..laser is just you know a modern gimmick..I do not even own a laser level..shop does though..alot of the guys like it but couple of us are old fashioned..I do use the laser to line up photo eyes and sensors that need either a reflective or sender / reciever set..

peter d

Ragin Cajun said:
Bob,

WOW! That's quite an installation of diagonal lighting! Hat's off to you. How long did it take?

RC

Besides Bob, I was at that job a little after it started and I was there when we closed the job out.

I spent the better part of a month/ month and a half doing nothing but lighting - from start to finish. Layout, assembling lights and hangers, installing hangers, hanging lights, wiring them, and finishing them off with shades and lamps. Once they were up and working I had to go to every single row and screw the lights together so they were straight. I think that part alone took a week. Usually there were two guys including myself on lighting during the week, and big weekend hits on Saturdays with 5 or more guys.

iwire

Staff member
jflynn said:
Bob,we have used these before and they work great,did you have to give back a big credit for not using strut?I/am assuming the strut was showed as a detail per original palns/spec;s...

No, no credit.

There was no detail about how we were to hang them. The customer provided the lighting and the aircraft cable to hang them, how we secured the top end to the structure was up to us.

I only ran it by the engineer to cover my rear. :smile:

iwire

Staff member
peter d said:
I spent the better part of a month/ month and a half doing nothing but lighting - from start to finish. Layout, assembling lights and hangers, installing hangers, hanging lights, wiring them, and finishing them off with shades and lamps.

Yeah Pete unpacked and assembled a lot of those fixtures.

Once they were up and working I had to go to every single row and screw the lights together so they were straight. I think that part alone took a week.

It only seemed like a week, I think you got it done in about 2.5 days to install about 2000 tek screws. :grin:

The job went over budget, the job was bid like the lighting was straight, the estimator did not seem to think the diagonal lay out would slow the job. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.