Leviton Load Shedding

Does anyone know how the Leviton smart breakers handle load shedding? I’m designing a generator job in which the panel needs to be completely replaced because I cannot separate the EGCs and neutrals without a big mess. since I told the client we need a new load center in order to get the generator and ATS installed and he’s going to need about 6 load shedding modules I thought it might save some labor if we put in a Leviton smart panel (I love them) and smart breakers on each circuit I need to shed. But I can’t find any info that says whether or not they would allow the circuit to stay on/turn back on if the generator is not struggling.

So my main question is will Leviton smart breakers that are connected to the ATS with the blue wire simply lock out any smart breakers that are set to “load shed” or will they behave like Generac SMMs and have available priority numbers to shed loads in a certain hierarchy and will they either do nothing or restore power if/when the generator is not struggling.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I briefly scanned their product docs and it appears to accept a single contact closure interface to disconnect loads, meaning there is no way to prioritize them and turn back on as needed. I may be wrong, but the way it reads is that when on gen power you will disconnect all loads set as “non-essential” and everything else stays on.

Your best bet is to use the gen manufacturer’s load shed options.

VirutalElectrician

Occupation
Sparky - Trying to be retired
I briefly scanned their product docs and it appears to accept a single contact closure interface to disconnect loads, meaning there is no way to prioritize them and turn back on as needed. I may be wrong, but the way it reads is that when on gen power you will disconnect all loads set as “non-essential” and everything else stays on.

Your best bet is to use the gen manufacturer’s load shed options.

It sucks that all these companies can't get together and make all their stuff interopable.

Smart breakers and generators are a natural fit.