Leviton Panel

Greg1707

Occupation
Business owner Electrical contractor
I installed a Leviton panel for the first time yesterday. There is a learning curve. There are some differences that required two calls to customer support.
We installed a WIFI power monitor in the panel. It connected to a two pole breaker. It has two hots and a neutral. It did not work at first. I called customer support and they advised me to verify the neutral was connected to the terminal adjacent to the N on the breaker, After making the change the device worked.

I don't understand. I assume all of the neutral terminals are connected together?

How did moving the neutral to a different terminal on the panel solve the problem?

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have never used or even seen a Leviton loadcenter in person. From my understanding the hot and neutral connections both pass through the breaker. A GFCI or Dual function breaker would require this. If a standard breaker is used I assume it has a jumper the connects the neutral terminal to the neutral bus. If you were to connect to a neutral terminal at a location where no breaker is installed it would not be connected to the neutral buss of the panel.