Lewellyn Electrical Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

zog

What sort of training are you looking for? Here is my FAQ on selecting a provider.

How to select a training provider

Ask for a resume for the instructor, what are his qualifications? What boards and commitees has he sat on regarding the topic? What professional papers has he published?

Ask for references and actually call some of them, most training managers will be happy to give you feedback on a class and trainer.

What is the work history of the trainer? Is he just reading a canned course or is he really an expert in the feild with real life experience?

Look at the company, and the courses they offer. A red flag is a company that provides CPR, ladder safety, forklift, and oh yeah, we do arc flash training too. Look for a company that also provides arc flash surverys, engineering studies and other power system services. You want a real expert.

Your training should fit your specific needs, an Electrical Contractor has very different training needs than a large manufacturing plant. There is no such thing as a one size fits all training course. I used to customize every class I did based on the clients needs.

If the trainer does not ask you questions about your existing ESWP's, arc flash syudy, PPE program and request a pre training meeting, thats another red flag. Unless it is an open enrollment course, which is usually not as effective as one at your facility made just for you.

Remmember your training is a much larger investment than the course fee, you are setting a culture in motion that will determine how you do everything, from your PPE program, to your hazard analysis method, to your disipline program for non-compliance.

One more thing, if someone says they offer a 70E "Certification" course, run.

zog

And I was not dodging the question, Lewellyn is a fine training provider and would agree (I assume) with my selction tips :)

wireguy8169

Llewellyn did our arc flash analysis as well as our training (they offer a wide range of training). Our instructor well one of them anyhow had first hand knowledge of how and arc flash can be. He worked in the locomotive industry, well an MCC or something flashed on him blew the door to the room across the street or something, he barely lived to tell about it. Nice guy and teaches well, not fall asleep type of information...very indepth and usefull information.

dconrad

Training

Training

:)They did are arc flash training, and we were able to get CC ed credits for it here in Oregon. Have them check with your building codes dept and make sure you will recive credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.