Lextar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenvalor

Hello,

I am quoting a LED upgrade at a local veterinary hospital that has 2 x 4 troffers in it. One of my lighting suppliers has quoted me a
Lithonia Epanl 24-40L-40K. I am always worried about driver and diode failure so I had him send me a picture of the driver that was in the light that he had in stock. (I do understand that manufacturers use several brands of drivers). The picture he showed me was of a
Lextar TLI-034G032-D1 driver. Does anyone know whether or not this is a high quality driver? I googled Lextar and could only find fixtures that they build and not drivers. Is Lithonia making an elcheapo fixture for the mass market? Can all of their drivers and diodes be trusted?

Thanks for the valuable help.

Happy Holidays to you all....

MattS87

Hello,

I am quoting a LED upgrade at a local veterinary hospital that has 2 x 4 troffers in it. One of my lighting suppliers has quoted me a
Lithonia Epanl 24-40L-40K. I am always worried about driver and diode failure so I had him send me a picture of the driver that was in the light that he had in stock. (I do understand that manufacturers use several brands of drivers). The picture he showed me was of a
Lextar TLI-034G032-D1 driver. Does anyone know whether or not this is a high quality driver? I googled Lextar and could only find fixtures that they build and not drivers. Is Lithonia making an elcheapo fixture for the mass market? Can all of their drivers and diodes be trusted?

Thanks for the valuable help.

Happy Holidays to you all....

Not sure about the quality of the driver but I've installed a number of these with good success. https://www.platt.com/platt-electri...L-40W-840-1-Mk10-7-G2/product.aspx?zpid=93195
Looks like Phillips uses their own drivers as well.

Electric-Light

is that a screen grille? cleaning ability needs to be considered if its going into patient area.

If the existing lamps are special high color rendition lamps that provides correct skin/flesh/hair color, you need to match it. Take note of lamps in the fixtures and don't assume exam area is the same as rest.

But if they aren't already, color critical lighting with 95 CRI and 80+ R9 would be a good idea for the exam room even though it might cost over $500/ea. Lesser if the area is upgraded to fluorescent lamp based system and specialized lamps.

Ravenvalor

is that a screen grille? cleaning ability needs to be considered if its going into patient area.

If the existing lamps are special high color rendition lamps that provides correct skin/flesh/hair color, you need to match it. Take note of lamps in the fixtures and don't assume exam area is the same as rest.

But if they aren't already, color critical lighting with 95 CRI and 80+ R9 would be a good idea for the exam room even though it might cost over $500/ea. Lesser if the area is upgraded to fluorescent lamp based system and specialized lamps.

The edge panel is easy to clean plus it is practically air tight.
The CRI of the existing lamps are in the 80s (standard T8 fluorescent).
My concern is that the lumens with the LEDs is signifigantly lower than the fluorescent troffers (4 - f32t8/841 lamps). My research on this topic has not got me completely convinced that it does not necessarily matter.

Thanks for the help..

Status
Not open for further replies.