LFMC or LFNC in an RV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountryBoy19

I'm helping a friend work on an RV that had some rodent damage to wires.

In order to fix the main power wire for shore-power we are going to have to run it outside the envelope of the RV under the floor for about 4 feet where it will then enter the junction box with the shore-power cord. It is tucked up well away from the road and debris but it is behind the rear tires so debris could potentially be kicked up. We are going to run it in a liquid tight flex for that 4 feet. Can't source LFMC large enough locally except in full rolls special order. Hate to buy a full roll. Is LFNC just as good in that application or do we really need LFMC?

paulengr

LFNC is nowhere near rodent proof. It’s just light grade PVC. Rodent proof is always metal. Rats can still go through it but rarely do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CountryBoy19

LFNC is nowhere near rodent proof. It’s just light grade PVC. Rodent proof is always metal. Rats can still go through it but rarely do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not looking for rodent proof. None of the other wiring is rodent proof. Just looking to protect the wires that will be running outside the RV from road debris, rubbing, scuffing etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.