liability insurance question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky 134

i am looking into opening my own shop in illinois and i am looking for some numbers regarding liability insurance. any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated....

rickcham

Re: liability insurance question

Sparky134

I just start out myself in virginia and searched around for the liability insurance.
I found that my insurance agent who does all my other personnel insurance was able to provide me with good rates and service. Plus I got a discont from him where I had some much other business with him.
If you plan on doing only residential work than a limit of 1 million will be fine but I have been told by insurance agents and real estate agents if you want to do commerical work it is best to carry a 2 million coverage.
Also make sure there is no charge for getting the insurance certificates. A few places I called would give me up to 4 free per year nad after that I had to pay a charge of $50 average for extra.
Good Luck on your new business!!
Rick

hastime

Re: liability insurance question

I just started my electrical contracting business and checked with a ton of insurance carriers. If you want to call me at 248-548-6660 I can give you someones name and number, I will find out if they can insure you in Illinois because we are in Michigan. I am sure they will.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.