License in MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey120v

Hey guys, I live in the PG County area of Maryland. I have a question about getting my journeyman license. I have 4 years experience under a Master and I was in school those for 4 years, I wanted to know how to start the journeyman exam process. Where do I sign up, who do I call Etc. Please let me know. thanks

jumper

Pay very close to this section of the above link and note the bold:

Other Electrical Licenses in Maryland
The State Board of Master Electricians issues only one license, Master Electrician. In Maryland the actual performance license to perform electrical work is issued by each of the local jurisdictions. Many of the local jurisdictions do issue additional categories of electrical licenses. All of these licenses are LESSER than a Master Electrician. For example some jurisdictions may issue a "general electrician", "limited electrician", or "low voltage" license as examples. If an individual were interested in obtaining a lesser license than a master electrician’s license, then it would be necessary to contact the local jurisdiction where you would anticipate working and determine if they offer a lesser license and the qualifications. Not all jurisdictions offer a lesser license. In those jurisdictions that do not, an individual would need a master electrician’s license to perform any electrical work.

Every jurisdiction in MD is different in their licensing and code adoption process. A major PITA.

Even if you get the MD Masters you will be subject to local licensing laws, some will accept the MD masters and some will require more.

There is no statewide NEC adoption and amendments vary by locality.

In short, it is nuts. Parochialism at its worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.