License

Status
Not open for further replies.

ControlCKT1

Occupation
Electrician
I am a Licensed Electrical Contractor in New Jersey; I now live in Massachusetts for almost 2 years working under a Licensed Electrica Contractor I am trying to find the proper information and forms to start the application on acquiring my Massachusetts Masters license I have all the forms available just looking for info on the correct forms necessary to speed the process a bit.

Thanks

Eddie702

Licensed Electrician
Occupation
Electrician
In the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts, they are going to make you get a Journeyman's license and hold that for a year before you go for your masters

ControlCKT1

Occupation
Electrician
In the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts, they are going to make you get a Journeyman's license and hold that for a year before you go for your masters
Thanks for the info Eddie,I read on the states web site that for out of states license holders they might consider there education and work experience and allow to apply and test for both journeyman or masters
I hope this is available to me being that I’ve been a licensed contractor in my state for over 20 years I hope by now I meet the qualifications

Thanks for the info Eddie,I read on the states web site that for out of states license holders they might consider there education and work experience and allow to apply and test for both journeyman or masters
I hope this is available to me being that I’ve been a licensed contractor in my state for over 20 years I hope by now I meet the qualifications
It's probably going to be a tough go for you. They have a significant classroom hours requirement. I think 600 hours. My recollection is there's no way around having that 600 hours

Eddie702

Licensed Electrician
Occupation
Electrician
MA isn't like other states. If you hold just a Masters in MA you can't do any work unless you also hold the journeymen's license. A Masters license is to run a business only.

Way back you could get just the Masters to run a business and not hold a journeymen's but I don't think they allow that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.